Hardscaping Ideas to Perfect Your Property
Your property is the perfect blank canvas for an almost endless number of hardscaping designs. Hardscapes can be just as beautiful as they are functional; and with all of the options available in products and materials, the possibilities can be overwhelming, which is why exploring all of those hardscaping ideas with a team of professionals is a great solution. Depending on the look and feel you wish to create, a hardscape designer can offer you hardscaping ideas for everything from driveways to full outdoor living areas. Residential properties can be transformed to become a hideaway haven, and commercial properties can be taken from utilitarian to first-class.
As you consider the hardscaping ideas that might prove ideal to your outdoor space, it’s important to remember both functionality and feasibility as well as how well it complements your property as a whole. Do your hardscaping ideas detract from or elevate the appearance of your home or business. More than you might realize, certain products, materials, and layouts have the potential to compete visually with the structure of a home or commercial facility. Ideally, all of those hardscaping ideas can be focused to provide the perfect way to enhance both your landscaping as well as the structure built upon it.
Residential Hardscaping Ideas
Some residential hardscaping ideas you might wish to explore include:
- Flowerbed borders. Rather than outlining your garden areas with traditional rubber curbing, consider using decorative stones, bricks, or blocks.
- Unique and decorative walkways and pathways that also feature foot bridges or mosaics can be a great way to welcome your guests.
- Patios can be enclosed or semi-enclosed to become like a second home by adding decorative walls; raised gardens; masonry or stone seating areas; and fully-functional kitchen areas with stone, concrete, or brick cooking surfaces. Who wouldn’t love a brick oven in their backyard?
- Transform a utilitarian driveway into a decorative promenade by installing bricks, stones, concrete tiling, or graveling.
- Consider a themed look by adding elements that are Mediterranean, Spanish, tropical, rustic, contemporary, or modern. These can simply be achieved through the type of tiling, stone, or concrete you choose; but also in those touches such as fountains and fireplaces.
- Create an oasis of calm or add the lure of luxury to your property with a waterfall, a water wall, a fountain, or a pond.
- Make entertaining outdoors even more attractive by creating your own theater-space, adding a lounge area, or installing kitchen areas.
- Offer some shading with the addition of pergolas, trellises, gazebos, or a canopy.
- Add some contouring to your property with retaining walls, articulating walls, or tiered gardens.
- Create decorative pool areas by adding concrete tiles or mosaic patterns to your patio space.
Commercial Hardscaping Ideas
Hardscaping ideas that can give commercial properties polish include:
- Main entrances. Impressive driveways, parking areas, and walkways can be created with stones, concrete, tiles, bricks, and decorative gravel. Even your business’s logo or company design can literally be set in stone, concrete, or tile.
- Add inviting seating areas for clients and employees to relax, meet, or dine. Simply by adding retaining walls, knee walls, or privacy walls accented with greenery and even water features, those spaces will be more defined and welcoming.
- Add attractive accents to signage structures with decorative concrete tile, stone, or brick surrounds.
As you consider the many hardscaping ideas available, let the experienced team at Executive Landscaping, Inc., be your touchstone. Contact us today!